... but today, ordinary isn't enough.

08 October, 2010

Day in Review: October 8th, 2010

Let's talk about food first:
For breakfast, my brother woke me with a call saying he was going to McDonald's before he came over and did I want anything while he was there?  A McGriddle [one of my all-time favorite fast food options; I probably won't be eating many of those with my new mindset], or some hash browns?  Even in my half awake stupor, I knew better:

One side salad with low fat vinaigrette- 15 calories for the salad + 40 calories for the dressing [so worth it: the dressings are delicious]
One snack sized fruit and yogurt parfait- 160 calories [hm.  maybe not the best choice, especially since it wasn't that tasty, either.  I'm going to rationalize and say that I needed the energy]

I got ready for work and returned a lip gloss because it was hideous.  On my way to work, I enjoyed a pack of almonds covered in salt and vinegar [250 calories, whew].

For dinner, I ate a skewer of grilled shrimp and a fifth of a biscuit [The biscuit piece was about 30 calories and the shrimp were about 85 calories].

My opportunities to do better lie in the almonds.  I could eat 2/3-1/2 of the packet for lunch, paired with maybe a glass of milk [calcium is lacking in my diet], then eat the other half over a salad or vegetables.

Anyway.  I worked for about 6 hours and spent the whole time walking quickly.  After work, I went to the grocery store and stocked my bare kitchen with some hunger-busting, wallet friendly foods.  For when the urge to binge hits, I have rice cakes, low fat flavorings, bananas, nectarines, mandarin oranges, and pickles.  I also grabbed wheat bread and peanut butter for breakfasts.  For now, this is easy.  Imagine how much easier it will be when the weight begins to melt off.

No comments: